Toe nail fungus is the medical name of onychomycosis.
It is characterized by lesions of pathogenic microorganisms Horny plates on the toes and less often the hands. This does not cause a significant threat to human life, but is a very unpleasant factor, which brings a lot of inconvenience. These originate from the fact that the nail begins to look aesthetically pleasing and smelly.
In some cases there are other symptoms, the negative ones that are painful. Approximately 20% of the total population of our planet suffer from nail fungus, and each 100% susceptible to recurrence of this disease.
Causes and factors of the development of the fungus
In medical practice, formed a strong identification of the factors that contribute to the development of nail fungus on your feet.
This is the reason why it is important to carefully monitor their health for such categories of patients:
- With injuries, clavisque, abrasions and Claudus feet, what happens for mismatched shoes or separate cosmetic procedures;
- Due to certain reasons, are not able to follow the proper hygienic care of the feet;
- With a weakened or depressed immune system;
- Taking certain types of medication, including antibiotics;
- Excessive exercitatione sudorem, legs and the whole body in General.
In the presence of at least one of the above risk factors nail fungus can be increased several times. This is the reason why you need always to prevent causes that can trigger the infection of pathogenic micro-organisms.
Often the infection comes from the relative with whom a person living in the room and uses common household items. The likelihood of infection is significantly higher in the case of the use of common towels, washcloths, blankets in the bathroom.
Therefore, it is very frequently the infection is also in some public institutions, where people are faced with objects that are used by others. These are steam baths, saunas, gyms, swimming pools and beaches. Distinguishes these places of high humidity, which is favourable environment for the development of mycosis.
It should be noted that fungal spores are very resistant, so can withstand both very high and very low temperatures. Are also present in the beach sand, which was hit in the small cracks on the feet caused by a fungus of the feet and the nails.
Treatment creams and ointments
Treatment of mycosis in the early stages of the disease, while still not managed to win in the severe form, is best done with the help of medicines, for external use. Antimiotiki used outside, it can be of different forms – gels, powders, creams, colors, etc .. the Most common are ointments and creams.
Among the many preparations for clinical study in conjunction with the PsoriControl is quite clear. Seventy percent of medical institutions have confirmed the effectiveness of the substance.
On the basis of the formulation terbinafine
This substance functional as well as eliminating the fungal growth of different origin, regardless of the type of fungus. It works in a comprehensive manner, the use of safe, especially when used externally.
The use of creams includes the lubrication of affected areas of skin 1-2 times a day, preferably a little ointment to RUB. Treatment depends on the degree of disease and forms of fungus, but is usually 2-4 weeks. In the application of ointments, in the upper layers of the skin, which accumulates terbinafine, and has a devastating effect on the fungus even after 4 hours is not a significant improvement of the skin.
There are universal means for many skin lesions, including psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, etc., Here are the most popular and effective ointment:
- the salicylic. Regenerates the skin and destroy the fungus, when used with a frequency of 1-3 times per day. Feature – a quick course of treatment is 10-20 days;
- Zinc ointment is very popular because of the security, the effects on the body. It can be used during pregnancy, lactation and children. Used every day 4-5 times;
- Sulphur. Effective substance used for 7 days, which causes the skin 2 times a day.
As already mentioned, the treatment depends on the form of the disease, respectively, it is necessary to follow some recommendations to achieve maximum results.
- When the interdigital form of mushrooms, usually the cream is applied 1-2 times a day. The symptoms disappear after 1-2 weeks, in some cases up to 4 h. Treatment should be continued for 1 to 4 weeks, depending on the drug to prevent the recurrence of the disease;
- During cornification stop necessary before use clean the skin before peeling, excess tissue, patients the regrown nail. You can use salicylic ointment, otherwise the substance will not penetrate deeply into the layer of the dermis;
- vesiculosum form requires a preliminary treatment of removing bubbles from the liquid on the skin. If you want to do this, open the blister and clean it with a watery formation. The remaining ulcer should be treated with boric acid (2%). In more complex cases, you can use corticosteroid creams. The use of antifungal ointments is prescribed only after the removal of the acute form, then apply standard;
- The deleted form is easily treatable, but the fungus often covers large areas of the skin, so you need to use a lot of grease. The other option is to use foam, which is easy to use and it provides a protective foil for 24 hours.
Always therapy is a topically or locally, such as in extensive injuries of the skin, nails and hands, you may want a more efficient vehicle.
Therapy medicinal products will affect the whole body and the improvement comes from the inside of the body. Often treatment completes the ointment, however, interactions drugs advice.
Laser therapy is a modern treatment of mycosis, due to the penetration of the infrared spectrum, which is achieved by irradiation and the death of the fungus.
Of course, the process is not a solution, but 2 months later the infection is completely eliminated and this is important –
painless. The use of a similar therapy is the possible emergence of adverse effects.
To completely eliminate mycosis have to undergo 6–
10 sessions, while holding it at an interval of 1 week. Before each procedure, to cleanse the skin and cornutae vaporetur legs, hands.
Laser therapy is performed only in clinics.
Nail fungus treatment pharmacopolium drug
The treatment of fungus must be determined by the dermatologist.
Which tool is best to use in each case is influenced by the vastness of the spread of the disease, its form, validity and the presence of comorbidities.
There are different in their impact of a pharmaceutical for the treatment of nail fungus, which can be used separately from each other, and in combination. The decision should only the treating doctor, as the nail may also have side effects and some contraindications.
A very popular and effective are the different colors, sprays and solutions.
It should be noted that the treatment of these funds are often very lengthy.
Must be from a few months of the year.
There are alternative methods of the influence on fungus of the feet, which are not always supported by official medicine. Nevertheless, the criticism of those who use them, we are talking about efficiency. But it is best to be careful enough to choose carefully what to treat nail fungus.
How do you get the fungus
Fungus is very contagious and difficult to treat diseases. This is nonheritable. In fact, you can become infected in any contact with spores that can persist on the surface for very long. Allocate 2 types of infections:
- A direct path. The fungus penetrates through the soil, the plants, contact with sick persons and sometimes to animals;
- Indirect paths. With the use of the items, which is first included in the use of the patient and was infected.
Traditional methods of treatment
Since fungal nails are very common, there are many ways of their treatment at home without the high costs. Often suitable available products, which are often in the economy for everyone.
Very effective are the following ways to treat nail fungus:
- With the help of washing powder. The purpose of this remedy nail fungi, which is based on the presence of the powder of the alkali, which is a hostile environment for the existence of pathogens. First, you need hundreds of grams dissolved in hot or warm water. After that in this solution it is necessary to soar feet. The pores on the skin will gradually become open, causing the dust to be held in them, killing the fungus. All of the symptoms of the disease disappear for a week, but it is better to use this method ten days to secure the result.
- A good idea to treat nail fungus can also hydrogen peroxide. Before applying you must de vaporetur feet in hot water. In the liquid is the best if you want to add a small amount of baking soda – 1 litre uses 1 teaspoon. After steaming a cotton swab soaked in hydrogen peroxide, it is necessary to put on the affected areas of the skin and nails. Then wrap in cellophane for 4560 minutes. Depending on how far progressed the disease, these procedures can range from two weeks to several months. Throughout the day, additionally, you can pour a few drops of peroxide in the cavity of the nail.
- Well established in the fight against nail fungus garlic. For the application of the method should be one clove of adepto wet in normal salt, and then RUB the painful place. And also, the product can prepared a special gruel for the care, similar to those used with the peroxide.
- Dilute one tablespoon of ammonia in 200 milliliters of plain water can help eliminate the fungal infection. In such a solution should be to dip the cotton cloth in which to wrap the affected areas in the night.
- To prevent the spread of infections with baking soda. One hundred grams of the substance poured a small amount of water to form a slurry, which is applied to the affected nail for 10–20 minutes. After that, when dried, should be washed with warm water and nails to a little pulveris.
- As is the prevention of infection is a mixture of herbs. If you want to do this, the same quantity of mixed mint, sage, nettle and chamomile. This mixture must be put into the socks, which are changing every day. In the summer months it is best to use fresh herbs, not exaruit.
- Good to use for nail fungus treatment baths of water, glycerine, iodine and vinegar. Water should be two-fold more than all other components combined. Before bed you should soak the feet in this liquid for about 15 minutes, that will help for 10 days to cure, which have not entered the stage of the disease.
- In the initial stages of the development of the fungus when the infection has not yet managed to hit the nail, you can use cotton compresses with ethyl alcohol. Must be inserted between the fingers before bed for two weeks.
- In treatment of nail fungus can help onions. This is necessary before use and finely chop on a grater, after which the resulting rarely used in the affected areas.
- Effective against nail fungus is boric acid. Her powder should be sprinkled on the feet before bedtime, then wear socks. Before this process there should be a good vapore aquae calidae of the foot, preferably in very hot water. The rate of such methods is only 10 days.