An unpleasant infectious disease such as onychomycosis is very common. In addition to therapy with pharmacy ointments and tablets, you can try methods of treating the fungus on your feet with home folk remedies. There are many recipes for effective decoctions, tinctures, compresses and more. Before using a particular method, it is worth knowing the characteristics of the treatment of mycoses and the causes of this disease.
What is a mushroom
One in five people on the planet suffers from onychomycosis. The fungus is of the following types: interdigital and nail. This disease is contagious, with itching, peeling of the skin of the feet. Certain types of fungi cause the disease. Infection can occur due to non-compliance with hygiene rules, trying on someone else’s shoes, excessive sweating of the feet, visiting public places (sports lockers, beaches, saunas).
Folk remedies for nail fungus
Due to the rapid spread of the infection, 70% of the world's population has already experienced mycosis of the foot or nail. In order to get rid of this disease, it is important to properly organize the therapeutic process.
If you've started using folk remedies for foot fungus, follow these guidelines:
- It is better to buy disposable files to process damaged nails. Otherwise, you should regularly disinfect your pedicure tools to prevent re-infection.
- Before using the drug at home, it is recommended to steam your feet, remove damaged nails, loosen the epithelium, grind the plates and wipe your feet dry.
- It is important to pay close attention to foot hygiene during treatment. Shoes and clothing should be handled continuously to prevent the spread of infection.
- A patient with onychomycosis should have separate towels, slippers and other personal hygiene items. Households should buy laundry soap with the addition of birch tar to prevent fungus.
To treat mycosis, kombucha should be given in sugar solution for about 7 days. The resulting mixture is treated with the affected areas. The product is able to slow down the growth of fungal strains and kill bacteria.
The following prescription can be used to treat the disease:
- A piece of mushroom gets rid of the movies, shattered.
- Rub the resulting debris into the nail plates, the skin surfaces damaged by the infection.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day until the mushroom is completely gone.
The pathogens of fungal infections cannot tolerate the alkaline environment, so baking soda can be used to fight them. A hot bath is prepared for the session: 7 liters of water, 3 tablespoons of soda and grated laundry soap. The legs are released into the pool after the soda and soap have completely dissolved. Sessions are repeated for at least 4 consecutive days. It is recommended to combine such procedures with the use of drugs to accelerate healing.
The acidic environment prevents the growth of spores, so you may want to try vinegar baths, body lotions or ointments for home therapy.
Here are the recipes:
- Heat the water to 50 ° C and add 200 ml of vinegar. The volume of the vinegar solution should be up to the ankle for the patient. The legs are kept in the bath for 15 minutes, the session is repeated three times a day. After the session, the limbs are wiped dry and clean cotton socks are put on.
- Prepare a mixture of 2 parts 70% acetic acid and 1 part olive oil, glycerin, dimethyl phthalate. The resulting ointment is applied to the affected skin and nails. Leave the product on for 10 hours, then wash your feet.
Apple cider vinegar
In the early stages, the treatment of the fungus on the legs with folk remedies can be done with apple cider vinegar. The method uses creams. Cotton pads are moistened with vinegar and applied to fingers and nails affected by the fungus for 8-10 hours. The prescription is used for long-term treatment until healthy nails appear and signs of disease disappear. They take a break for 2-3 days each week.
The scope of iodine is not limited to disinfection. Alcohol tincture is excellent for healing fungi. A powerful disinfectant with proven fungicidal properties, it is widely used in home therapy. Treating the fungus on the feet with folk remedies based on iodine involves treating the affected areas with tincture or using hot baths with this drug.
Methods for using the solution in fungal diseases:
- Apply a drop of iodine to the nail plates affected by the fungus every day until complete healing
- Add a little iodine to a bowl of hot water, keep your feet in the bath for 10 minutes. You should then get rid of the infected nail pieces and treat the skin with a hydrogen peroxide solution.
In summer, if you experience unpleasant symptoms, you can use the leaves of the poisonous celandine herb.
This plant has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and cauterizing effects. Folk remedies based on toxic herbs against the fungus on the feet immediately kill the infection.
You can use fresh vegetable juice or a decoction made from dry leaves.
To get fresh vegetable juice, you need to go through a meat grinder. The pulp is then filtered through 3-4 layers of folded cheesecloth. 200 ml of juice is required to prepare the medicinal tincture. 200 ml of 70% alcohol are added and the mixture is infused over 24 hours. You can also lubricate infected skin and nails with the juice you get after squeezing. However, such a cure is stored for up to 2-3 days, so it is better to make the juice filled with alcohol.
Before using this medicine, wash your feet with warm water and dry with a towel. Alcoholic tincture is used to lubricate the feet and problematic nail plates. Take at least three treatments a day. In addition, it is recommended to use pharmacy antiseptic creams to stop the spread of the fungus and speed up healing.
If you can't make fresh juice, you can use a dry herb for decoctions. Celandine is sold in all pharmacies, and you can make the plant yourself. To prepare the broth you need to cook 4 tablespoons of dry plants with 1. 5 liters of boiling water. When the drug cools to a temperature comfortable for the body, it is used for baths. The legs are kept in the broth for about 30 minutes. Repeat the procedure regularly until complete recovery. You can replace the celandine worm or a combination of these when making decoctions.
This unique product is actively used in traditional medicine to fight various diseases. Due to its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties, propolis helps to remove fungi on the feet. The product is used in the form of a clear or alcoholic solution. The cure is used until complete healing. It is important to note that this method is contraindicated for people allergic to beekeeping products.
There are several recipes for treating foot fungus using propolis:
- Make an alcoholic tincture or buy a ready-made one at the pharmacy. Place a cotton ball with propolis solution on the infected area. Cover the top with a dry cotton swab, bandage, put on warm socks. In the morning you need to remove the wool and file your damaged nails. Repeat the manipulation in the evening.
- Rinse and warm your feet with hot water. Remove the top layer of damaged skin or nail plate. Apply a piece of propolis to the problem area, leave for half an hour. The procedure is repeated 2 times a day for one month.
This vegetable is known for its bactericidal properties and is widely used in traditional medicine.
Follow these instructions to treat onychomycosis:
- Soak your feet in warm water with baking soda, lemon juice, tar soap for 15 minutes.
- Mix in equal parts: garlic juice, water, rub the alcohol.
- Use the resulting product to treat damaged nails and skin.
Natural essential oils of plants are equivalent to expensive medicinal antifungals. They have cleansing, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory properties and help regenerate skin and nail cells. Different types of essential oils are suitable for treating the fungus on the feet: lavender, rosemary, ylang-ylang extract and tea tree. You can use this folk remedy for compresses or hot baths.
- Trays.Add 10 drops of essential oil to 3 liters of hot water. The legs are pre-rinsed with water and placed in aromatic water for 20 minutes. After bathing, wrap your feet in a warm towel for 15 minutes.
- Compresses.A small amount of essential oil is heated to 30 ° C. Add 2 tbsp. water. The resulting product is soaked in a cotton swab, smeared on the damaged areas of the feet, and fixed with a patch. After 40-60 minutes, remove softened skin or nails, clean with a file.
Manage a neglected form
If the fungus on your feet is already in a neglected form and much of the skin on your feet and nail plates is already infected, it is advisable to supplement folk recipes with medication. Severe forms of the disease lead to the need for patients to remove infected nail plates. To do this, you must contact a specialist.