In fact, the fungi that can lead to the development of pathological conditions of the nail, which is about 50 species, but they are all United in these three large groups. In addition, up to 90% of cases, the cause of the disease the nail plate becomes fungi, which belong to the group dermatomitsety, which up to 20 different species. Yeast-like fungus of the genus Candida causing disease of the nails is not often, approximately 10% of cases. The remaining small percentage of the disease, which is caused by destruction of the nail by organisms. Nail fungus in the medical terminology sounds like onychomycosis.
According to statistical data the prevalence of the disease is quite wide. Fungus affects up to 20% of the total population of the world and in Russia this figure reaches 15 million people. Prevalence rate of the disease among the population is influenced by many factors: the climatic conditions in which it lives, population, social conditions of a certain person, age, gender, profession, etc., in addition, dermatologists have found that there is a constant increase in the number of cases in adults and in children. The likelihood of nail fungus on your feet increases with age (the disease occurs more frequently in older people who reach 65 years of age).
Symptoms of nail fungus on your feet
Symptoms of nail fungus on your feet will depend on the type of the causative agent of the infectious process, and the amount of damage on the plate of the nail. The patient's age can affect the speed of recovery. It is known that in children the nail phalanx of the impact a lot less often than in the elderly.
Symptoms vary depending on the shape of the fungus:
- Symptoms of nail fungus. Discolouration of the affected panel thickness and shine remains the same. First on the nail bar is displayed, and the dots – their shape and size varies, the localization of the side of the nail. The color of the spots, which are yellow or white in color, if the disease is not treated, the spots increase in size, gradually covering the entire area of the plate. The nail changes color, the remaining normal thickness. Onycholysis – another symptom of nail fungus. It is the inability of a panel to increment the to the nail bed. At the end, the patient can easily remove it – accidentally or intentionally.
- Symptoms of nail fungus. In addition to the color changes, this form of the disease, which is characterized by the thickening of the plate, which exceeds 2 mm or more. This increase is the result of the greater growth of flakes of skin, in the nails. There is a loss of luster, struck from the plate become dull, begin to crumble. At the end, Polish for strongly deformed. Onychomycosis – purchase the nail shape that is similar to the claw of the bird is a common symptom of this type of disease. Stronger only destroyed the side of the nail. The complex of symptoms that accompany this type of nail fungus that cause the person starts to experience pain while walking. The color is dark yellow or gray.
- Symptoms of atrophic nail fungus. First and foremost, patients notice a change of color plates, becomes brown-grey. Lost the normal luster, the surface of the nail becomes chalky and dull. The disease progresses, the plate will be destroyed. In the final stage of the atrophic form of fungus – exposure to the nail bed and full necrosis. Above the surface of the bed of the patient discovers layers of loose tissue, composed of skin scales. Atrophy of the plates occurs in stages, from the outer end in the direction of the growth zone of the nail, and cushion. The growth of the area remains intact longer than other parts of the nail.
- Symptoms of lateral and distal nail fungus. These two types of damage have in common is that they are often diagnosed in the harmony and cause the same changes in the parts of the nail plate. Part of the plate subjected to defeat, losing its normal color, becoming dim. There are transverse grooves, which have a yellow color. When nail fungus on the legs appears due to infection with micro-organisms, plates can acquire colors with the blue-green to black. The nail starts to crumble, becoming on the sides of the rough. After some time, the death of the affected parts, causing the plate to deform. The nail bed is partially exposed. In the final stage of the disease is characterized by the complete destruction of the nail and the opening of the boxes with the flakes of the skin on the top. People who suffer from pain. When the pathology is exacerbated by bacterial infection of a fingernail may be pus when slightly pressed.
- Symptoms proximal nail fungus. This is a rare injury of the nail plate in the first place, the impact on the area, from the skin of the cylinder. The main reason for the formation of the proximal forms of nail fungus is to remove the cuticle. The nail plate begins to change color to white in the region, which is located near the growth zone. Its spores and mycelium of the fungus in the tunnels of the nail, in the area. Such as reproduction, the fungus surrounds the entire nail and completely destroyed.
- Common symptoms of nail fungus. If the lateral, distal or proximal form of the disease not exposed to therapy, comes complete onychomycosis. Toenail loses its color, begins to crumble, break down and completely destroyed.
- Symptoms of white superficial nail fungus. In the area of the last cylinder appear opal white spot, which, as the reproduction of the fungus, which will affect the whole nail fully. The spots tend to blend in visually and can recall the scattered fine powder.
Despite the differences in the clinical manifestations of various forms of fungal infection there are several common symptoms, including:
- Crumbling of the nail.
- Change the color of the plate;
- A bundle of nail phalanx;
- The pain that occurs with the progression of the pathological process;
- You may experience itching in the area surrounding the nail.
Causes of nail fungus on your feet
Nail fungus, still appears in the result of infection by micro-organisms. Most often they are dermatomitsety. To penetrate into the skin and nails, helping them to a wide range of proteolytic enzymes, which they have. The first dermatomitsety bruise the skin of the feet and then spread into the nail plate.
There are three ways in which penetrates deep in the nail:
- From under the distal (free, lateral) edge of the nail. In this case, the pathological process is localized in the framework of the plate in the bed and not the nail. As the spread of the fungus, develops subungual hyperkeratosis. This leads to a deterioration of relations between the bed plate and their subsequent separation. From the bed fungi penetrate the nail and slowly destroy it.
- Through the back part of the nail fungi penetrate into the interior much less often. In this case the process of destruction of the nail will flow much faster.
- The rarest way of spreading through the proximal cylinder. From the end of the array, the fungus penetrates underneath the nail plate and in the field, or are deposited in the matrix, is that by destroying the collagen structure of the nail phalanx. If damage to the nail caused by fungi of the genus Candida, you will initially be involved in the pathological process of the proximal cylinder with edema and thickening of the. However, most often this inflammatory process affects the nails.
How to get rid of nail fungus on your feet?
Modern pharmaceutical industry offers people who are diagnosed with fungus on their feet, a wide selection of effective medicines to deal with the problem. Funds are available to both local and common action.
An abundance of special drugs make the individual selection of drugs difficult. Because the fungus can attack the feet, but also the mucous membranes of all organs and tissues. It is therefore important to carry out a comprehensive diagnosis and get medical advice regarding the treatment of nail fungus.
The therapeutic strategy is based on four points:
- Accounting of the area affected;
- The time that has passed since the beginning of the disease;
- Pathological changes provoked by the disease;
- The presence of comorbidity.
Modern medication does not only destroy fungal organisms and stop their development, but tend to accumulate in the thickness of the nail plate, stays there for a long time. This allows to reduce considerably terms therapy, up to 8 – 16 weeks. This will be enough time to completely get rid of the problem. Important is a comprehensive approach to treatment, the combination of local treatment by oral means. This begs the question, how to select an asset, and to get rid of nail fungus on your feet? Below is a look at all the modern medicines.
Without exception, antifungal medicines have many side effects. This applies both to medicinal products for local and oral use. Therefore, the preparation regimens, monitoring the health condition of the patient, assessment of therapy – all this within the competence of the specialist. Invalid self-selection and the use of medications. In the further progression of the disease stop will be problematic.
Antifungal nail Polish
When nail fungus on the feet is not moved in the current phase, it is possible to use only local therapy. This can be used, specialised varnishes, or solutions, which include a variety of components.
In addition, to achieve therapeutic effect, you can use the patches. To make the nails look more attractive, you can cover the treatment applied nail Polish.
Systemic antibacterial agents, are required for admission in those cases where the nail fungus on the feet are moved in the liquid phase. Only your doctor can choose the best plan of treatment. Pills to get rid of the mold a lot, but some of them are incompatible with hormonal contraception, some do not, you can't take in children, something it is prohibited to receive, if there are problems with the liver, etc
The treatment using laser beam is the method of physiotherapeutic treatment. This can only be used in combination with the antifungal drug, in order to achieve the effect. Laser therapy by itself will not completely eliminate the nail fungus. This procedure is designed to improve the nutrition of the nail, to strengthen the blood circulation. In the end, this drug penetrates better to the damaged panel. But laser to kill the fungus cannot.
This method has no contraindications and allows to reduce the risk of recurrence of the disease. Laser therapy is a safe and painless way to combat against fungal infection in my nails.
Prevention of nail fungus on your feet
If a person's immune system works properly, nail fungus on your feet will not hurt him, even after infection, as the immune system itself neutralizes him. If the fungal infection is still spreading on the nail plate, it is necessary to choose the optimal methods of dealing with it.
This is a fairly difficult process, so can help to prevent infection, the following preventive measures:
- You must avoid walking barefoot on the beach;
- Closed rubber shoes – the best shoes for saunas and baths;
- Socks for everyday wear, they must be manufactured from cotton fabric;
- It is forbidden to put on the shoes of the other person;
- You will need to keep your feet dry.