Mycosis – a group of diseases that is caused by pathogenic microscopic fungi. Fungal skin infections, called ringworm (from the Greek "derma" "skin"). In onychomycosis – nail infection. They are often combined.
In nature there are many types of fungus, but the disease in man may cause that only a few of them. On the prevalence of ringworm is in the structure of diseases of the skin in the second place, after the pyoderma purulent skin lesions (which include the streptococcal, and stafilodermii, boils, carbuncles).
A group of fungi that infect the foot:
- Anthropophilic. Cause disease only in humans. You can become infected with another person.
- Zooanthroponosis. Affect people and animals. The infection can be not only from another person but from animals.
- Candida – a special group of yeast-like mushrooms are some of the features
How do people become infected with the foot fungus?
Infection in the right way:
- through the floor
- use of plants
- in contact with the sick person
- in contact with sick animals
Fungus infection of the foot in the indirect way:
- when using objects with which contact was sick man
- if you use the items to care for sick animals.
Factors that affect susceptibility to mycoses:
- age: children are more vulnerable because of thinner skin, failure of protective mechanisms;
- immune system: if the immune system is weakened, therefore there is an increased risk for the development of fungal diseases;
- the condition of the nervous and endocrine systems, which have an impact on the immune system.
- chronic infectious diseases, reduce immunity, weaken the body, increase the risk for development of fungal infections;
- excessive sweating of the skin of the legs: this can be a congenital peculiarity, due to diseases (vegetative-vascular dystonia, etc..), the wearing of uncomfortable footwear;
- the composition of sweat: if you change the composition of the secretion of the sweat glands, it turns into a breeding ground for micro-organisms: thus, for example, lives normally on the surface of the skin, fungi of the genus Candida becomes pathogenic properties of, – acquire the ability to cause disease.
What fungi cause damage to the stops?
Athlete's foot – a fungal disease in which there is a loss of the skin and nails. Infection occurs in baths, gym etc Items, which are most commonly transmitted pathogen for the athlete:
- washcloths, sponges, towels;
- General linen;
- cloth, vessels, thermometers;
- mats and other sports equipment.
Most often epidermophitia sick men of Mature years. The development of the disease contribute to excessive sweating of the foot skin.
Trichophytosis (Rubromikoz) stop
This fungal disease stop due to the various types of fungi, trichophytons. The disease is very contagious, is transmitted through:
- bath accessories (towels, washcloths, sponges, etc.);
- shoes and socks, which are worn by the sick person;
- sports equipment;
- other items to share.
Lose the trichophytons is rare in children. Among youth bad for approximately 17% and are more likely to suffer young men. Among adult men, the percentage is even higher.
The most vulnerable miners and workers of hot shops, staff showers and baths, athletes, especially swimmers (in Europe there is the term "athlete's foot").
Less common than athlete's foot and rubromikoz. The majority of types of fungi of the genus Candida are opportunistic, that is in the norm are always present on the surface of the human skin and do not cause disease. They become pathogenic only if a significant reduction in the immunity.
Mushrooms Canada you can get into the body from the surface of all the objects for the General use, food. Often, these microorganisms seeded a lot of milk and milk products, meat.
Factors that increase the risk for development of Candida infections of the skin stop:
- The pathogenicity (ability to cause disease) of a specific type of fungus. This factor does not play a decisive role, since all of the fungus Candida bacteria are opportunistic, that is not can cause pathology in humans, the body is not relaxed and is normal defense mechanisms.
- Reduce immunity. Develops as a result of frequent and chronic infections, malignant tumors, AIDS
- Lesions on the skin: injuries, the operation of acids and bases and other aggressive chemicals.
- Excessive sweating, maceration of the skin.
- Elevated levels of fungi in the air (often found in pastry shops).
The symptoms of athlete's foot. Looks like a fungus on the feet?
Athlete's foot and ringworm
Athlete and stop rubromikoz have similar current, so these diseases are often combined under the General term "athlete's foot".
Forms of foot mycoses:
- the squamous (scaly);
- disgidroticheskaya (with dysfunction of the sweat glands);
- intertriginosny (with dominance on the type of skin rash)
- onychomycosis: hypertrophic, atrophic, normal scars (explanation below).
This division is more conditional, because often the different shapes that are combined together.
Symptoms of squamous forms of athlete's foot. Like looks in the photo to the squamous form of athlete's foot?
- In the initial phase of the illness, injury was noted only on one leg. In the future it goes to the other side.
- On the skin of the foot, the page appears, redness.
- In the future, at this point it starts peeling.
- Areas of redness and peeling can be different in the area.
- Itching is not observed in all patients.
- Many patients with the squamous form of athlete's foot generally does not care and do not go to the doctor.
This contributes to the spread of the disease.
In the long-squamous form can go in dyshydrotic (can be on the contrary: the skin becomes to squamous).
Symptoms of dyshydrotic forms of athlete's foot. Like looks in the photo disgidroticheskaya form of athlete's foot?
- On the arch of the foot (the part not in contact with the ground during walking) produces a lot of bubbles with sizes from 2 to 8 mm.
- Gradually small bubbles combine into larger bubbles, and then opened, and in their place are formed erosion (surface lesions of the skin).
- The process can range from the arch of the foot to the outer and inner side surfaces. If aperuit bubbles formed by the extensive erosion and the area of the rash.
- The patient's pain and itching at the site of injury.
- When the erosions to heal and dry, it starts flaking. Disgidroticheskaya form of foot fungus goes into the squamous.
- Over time, the fungal infection can join in bacteria. The transparent contents of the vesicles becomes turbid and turns into pus. Notice severe pain, fever. The skin of the foot reddens even more, that the swell.
- Disgidroticheskaya form of athlete's foot usually for long. Periods of improvement alternating with relapses.
- Fungus attacks usually one leg.
Symptoms intertriginous forms of athlete's foot. Like looks in the photo intertriginosny the form of athlete's foot?
- intertriginosny the form of athlete's foot if athlete and trihofitii is the most common.
- This may occur independently or in the background of the squamous shape.
- The process usually begins in the skin between the IV and V fingers to the toes. At least between III and IV fingers.
- The main manifestation – cracks in the skin, which is white around the rim of peeling epidermis (the surface layer of the skin).
- In the interdigital interval appears humidity.
- The patient has itching, burning sensation.
- At the site of the cracks can be formed of erosion (surface damage to the skin), which are accompanied by pain.
- intertriginosny the form of athlete's foot often has a long chronic course. The disease subsides in the winter and worsen in summer time.
- Over time, the skin loosened. Its protective function is reduced. This contributes to the penetration of streptococcal infections. Develops a pustular inflammation of the skin characterized by redness, swelling, pain. Increased body temperature, worsens the General condition of the patient.
Symptoms of onychomycosis stop
Onychomycosis stop fungus toe nail. Pathological changes begin to develop with the free edge of the nail. In the initial phase, appear spots and streaks of yellow color.
Type of fungus feet nails:
- Hypertrophic onychomycosis. The nail thickens, becomes yellow. It is very easy to crumble, and underneath it is exposed to the thickened and scaly skin.
- Atrophic onychomycosis. The nail becomes thinner, breaks, and underneath it is exposed to keratinized skin.
- Onychomycosis due to mould damage.Usually develops, not only, but on the basis of other diseases of the nail. Nails can acquire black, brown, yellow, green. Often develop from paronychia – a complication of purulent inflammation of the periungual bed.
70% - 75% of the cases the affected nails III – IV toes. 25% - 30% suffer I and In digitis. Often onychomycosis may appear as a "normal scar" (not hypertrophic and atrophic not), the integrity of the nail is saved, only they have yellow spots.
Symptoms of Candida fungal infection of the feet. Like looks in the photo candidal injury of the feet?
Stop thrush also known as yeast interdigital erosions.the integrity of the nail remains
- Most often, the lesion is between III and IV or IV and In the toes on the feet.
- The skin on this place swollen, red.
- Around the hearth is rome exfoliate the top layer of the skin.
- There may be small pustules or vesicles.
Traditional treatment of foot fungus
Important: Fungal stop does not constitute a significant risk to the health and life of the patient. But they are chronic, are a hotbed of inflammation, decrease the immune power of the body and cause allergic reactions. Effective treatment of fungal infections is only possible with the use of specific antifungal drugs. Traditional methods can be used separately only in the initial stage of the disease, among which there are not yet any symptoms. In this context, traditional medicine can only serve as a supplement to the basic therapy. Before practicing certain techniques, you should consult with your doctor.
Baths with wine vinegar
Wine vinegar has a pronounced antiseptic effect.
- before going to bed wash your feet with warm water and dry with a towel;
- pour into a small pool of strong solution of wine vinegar to the leg and hold for 3 to 5 minutes;
- wear socks at night, moistened with wine vinegar.
Baths with salt and soda
The use of the circuit:
- dissolve in sufficient quantity of water, a tablespoon of salt and a tablespoon of baking soda;
- lower the foot into the solution, leave for 10 – 15 min.;
- wash your feet with warm water.
Wash the areas of the lesion decoction of herbs
- the flowers of marigold
- oak bark
- verbena officinalis (herb)
- BlackBerry (berries, dried)
Preparation and use of methods:
- mix all ingredients in the same quantities that take 3 spoons of the mixture
- pour 1 Cup of water and put on medium heat 15 – 20 minutes
- consequently, the broth can be used for lotions and washing of the affected areas
The preparation of ointments
Mix the ingredients until a homogeneous thick cream. Apply to washed and towel-dry your feet twice a day, morning and evening.
Option ointment athlete's foot Well. 2
- goose or pork fat
- copper sulphate
- yellow sulphur
Preparation and application:
- mix all ingredients in the same quantities
- mix well to a homogeneous mass
- put on fire and bring to the boil
- leave in a dark room for the full refrigerationem
- lubricate the affected fungal skin once a day
Foot bath with spurge
- take the right amount of fresh herbs milkweed
- pour 2 – 3 liters of boiling water
- the capacity of the wrap in a warm towel or blanket and leave for 3 to 4 hours
- to make the foot bath for 40 – 45 minutes
- repeat this process every 2 – 3 days, at the time of treatment of the fungus until the disease will not be completely
Baths with coffee
For this procedure, you must brew strong coffee in the required amount of water. For the bath you can 1 – 2 times a day.
- the destruction of pathogenic fungi
- the elimination of the unpleasant smell from feet
- the elimination of fatigue, heavy legs