Fungal diseases of the skin, which is a common pathology faced by every fifth person. Initially, the fungus occurs between the fingers, and then gradually expanded to other areas. Fungal infections are important to treat, because fungal infection is not only unpleasant symptoms, but also a signal that occurs in the body, pathological processes.
Factors in the development of the disease
Fungal diseases that affect the skin elicit pathogenic fungi – dermatophytes, yeast and mould. Areas of skin between the fingers – for the optimal development of the athlete's foot locations: a damp, warm environment is perfect for the development of these micro-organisms.
A characteristic feature of these fungi is that the injuries are not isolated: they appear between the fingers at once.
Develops a pathological process, due to the following factors:
- failure to observe the rules of personal hygiene;
- frequent visits to public places (swimming pools, baths);
- the use of someone else's shoes.
- the presence of broken skin on legs;
- on metabolic disorders;
- wearing tight, uncomfortable shoes made of synthetic material, which is impervious to air;
- lack of vitamins in the body;
- dry skin;
- pathology of the endocrine system;
- diseases of the circulatory system in the lower limbs, associated with vascular disease;
- hypothermia of the lower extremities, thereby reducing the local immunity;
- a long stay in a standing position, which increases the load on the range stops and blocks the flow of blood;
- the presence of a diaper rash;
The treatment of athlete's foot between the toes it is important to start as soon as possible to the pathological process that is not moving the foot area.
The characteristic symptoms and developmental stages of the fungus between your toes
The disease goes through several stages of development. This depends on the nature and severity of symptoms.
There are the following stages of disease:
- Goods. There is appearance of shallow cracks between the toes, not too pronounced flaking of the skin.
- Squamous-hyperkeratotic. In this stage the patient begins to feel intense itching and burning sensation in the interdigital areas. The skin becomes red, hard shelled. A lot of the fingers are formed of yellow maize.
- Intertriginous. Cracks on the affected area and become deeper, there is formed the swelling. Observed erosion.
- Disgidroticheskaya. The itching becomes more pronounced, between the fingers are bubbles with a thick shell that is filled with fluid. When they are opened, are formed oozing erosion.
In the absence of treatment, which is the destruction and detachment of the nail plate. You will usually only lose one leg, then a pathological process that extends to the second.
The typical symptoms of athlete's foot between the toes of the lower extremities include:
- the peeling of the skin;
- excessive sweating of the feet;
- small cracks in the affected areas;
- itching and soreness between the fingers;
- thickening of the skin of the foot, which is visible to the naked eye;
- the emergence of spurs, grey-yellow spots and lines on the nail plates, their deformation;
- swelling of the skin;
- the appearance of a red rash, some of which aspire to the merger;
- swelling of the skin.
There is a way, which allows you to determine whether the foot struck the mycosis. If you want to do this, you must dissolve in warm water manganese, that is purple, and lowered into the solution to the feet for a few minutes. After this procedure the skin on the legs is darker, and the patches of skin affected fungal infection, will remain unchanged.
Fungus treatment between toes: medicines and traditional medicine
The treatment of mycosis has been a specialist dermatologist or podiatrist. With this disorder are struggling with various drug: the modern pharmacological industry offers a great number of ointments, creams, sprays, sprays, and lacquers. Select the desired tool should the doctor based on the type of fungus causing the disease, and at what stage of development is.
Folk remedies for fungus between your toes
Do not lose the importance of traditional methods of treatment of the fungus between the fingers. A lot of them. The most known are the following:
- Receiving a warm foot bath. If you want to do this, prepare a pink solution of potassium permanganate and kept in this foot for 10-15 minutes. After the procedure, the affected area gauze swabs soaked in fucorcin, or solution of boric acid.
- Ointment for chicken eggs. The method of preparation for this measure is a little unusual: you need to put a raw egg in vinegar and leave, so until then, until the shell dissolves completely. Then add the liquid butter – enough to get the consistency of grease. Apply on the skin between the fingers before bedtime, leave overnight.
- Slurry from the bow and petrolatum. Onion rubbed on a grater, mix equal parts of the resulting slurry and petrolatum. The mixture is rubbed in the affected areas.
- Solution glycerin and vinegar. Both components are mixed in equal proportions, RUB with a lot of the affected skin.
- Rubbing the skin with the sea buckthorn oil is used for cotton cloth. This tool is a natural antiseptic, which will help you to eliminate itching and pain.
- Ointment on the basis of salicylic acid and petroleum jelly. Take a teaspoon of petroleum jelly, and a half pills of salicylic acid or aspirin, previously pounded. The components are mixed, then applied to the affected area, gently rubbing the mixture into the skin.
- Compress, based on the birch tar. You should apply a thick layer on the gauze pads and put them between the fingers on the affected areas. Each compression should be set with foil or cling film.
- A mixture of iodine, ammonia and vinegar. You will need to take each component in equal parts, to mix, leave to infuse for a few hours. Then the resulting liquid to rinse the cotton pad and apply it to the affected area. This tool should not be used in the presence of open sores or weeping cracks. Aggressive tools, which are included in the described composition, may cause burns of the tissues.
It is therefore recommended that treatment medications solutions and mixtures, not only on the surface of the skin of the lower limbs, to prevent the re-development of the pathological process, must be thoroughly cleaned with acetic acid the shoes of the patient inside and outside, as well as insoles.
In order to prevent the development of athlete's foot between the toes of the lower extremities should follow these recommendations:
- try to keep your feet dry, because a damp environment creates the optimum conditions for the development of fungi;
- shoes should be thoroughly dried every day;
- you should change your socks regularly;
- when excessive sweating of the feet, to use special deodorants. Instead of the spray can be successfully used a decoction of oak bark or plain vinegar, to rubbing your feet and toes every day;
- select comfortable shoes made of natural materials;
- always put on flip-flops or Slippers in public areas (swimming pool, sauna, steam bath);
- reduce consumption of sweets and alcohol.
Fungus between the toes – is a process which brings both physical and psychological discomfort. Get rid of the unpleasant symptoms will help the appropriate treatment. With timely treatment to the doctor, the forecast is favorable.