Mycosis is a group of diseases that cause the occurrence of microscopic spores of pathogenic fungi. This is a very common infection – according to statistics, the symptoms of the disease occur in 60% of the population. Mainly it is distributed by contact-household, that is, with the use of common items, or from one person to another.
The most susceptible to infection people with weakened immunity, metabolic disorders and persons who do not observe personal hygiene. If a family has cases of athlete's foot, the risk of infecting other members is very high. It is important to identify the infection and start treatment. You need to know how it looks like fungus, determine its causes and symptoms of development.
Everything about fungal diseases of the feet
There are three groups of pathogens of fungal infections of the foot:
- anthropophilic. In the micro-organisms of this kind are parasitic on humans: skin, hair and nails. This is a fungus that is transmitted by direct contact with media or through things/objects that was touched;
- Zooanthroponosis. The fungi in this group are striking in humans and animals. In this case, you can infect not only human but of the animal carrier for this pathogen;
- Candida – yeast-like fungi. Their presence in the gut flora of the skin and mucous membranes at low concentrations is the norm. In the case of a surplus, the development of candidiasis (inflammation of the epithelial tissue).
Modes of infection
Infection by the fungus occurs in two ways:
- Directly. In direct contact with contaminated soil, plants, humans or animals;
- Indirectly. In contact with things that sick or caring for the infected animals.
Factors that contribute to the infection
There are many reasons to strongly increase the likelihood of Contracting a fungal infection:
- A weak immune system. Usually, the body is able to suppress the development of pathogenic microflora, but if it is not doing its work, the fungi begin to actively proliferate;
- Physical illness, which can slow down the metabolism and affect blood circulation in the lower extremities. These include diabetes and some vascular diseases;
- Failure to observe the rules of personal hygiene. The probability of catching an infection increases if a person only washes feet, wearing a long old socks and walking in wet shoes. Access to the swimming pool or sauna without personal Shoes can also cause athlete's foot because the fungus lives and actively multiplies in the moist and warm environment. This includes wearing someone else's clothing, footwear and use of hygiene items. A small amount of fungal spores present on them, enough for the rapid development of the disease;
- Sweating of the feet. In the absence of suitable hygiene to stop the sweat and dead skin particles epithelium transformed into a favourable environment for bacteria and fungus. Wearing tight, "not breathing" shoes contribute to diaper rashes and damage, through which the pathogen penetrates the epithelium. It also prevents proper ventilation for the foot;
- Increased dryness of the skin also becomes the cause of the infection. This usually produces the lipid layer, which prevents pathogenic micro-organisms to penetrate. When this protection is not, affecting the skin and start to reproduce there.
Types of fungus
There are thousands of species of causative agents mycosis, however, the disease stop causes only a few of them:
- Is Trichophyton. Red Trichophyton primarily affects the skin of the feet and heels. Trichophyton develops between the fingers, and in severe cases can go on foot, the thumb and little finger;
- Dermatophytes are parasitic on the epithelium and nail plate;
- Candida. This is the fungus located on the mucous membranes of the genital area, which can sometimes bruise the skin of the feet.
Symptoms and forms of mycosis
Symptoms of the disease depend on the type of pathogen:
- Athlete's foot and ringworm. Symptoms course these fungal infections are the same, so the General name "athlete's foot";
- The incidence of Candida or yeast interdigital erosion.
Forms of athlete's foot:
- Home (deleted);
- The skin is characterized by the renunciation of the sweat glands;
- Intertriginous, which is manifested primarily as rubbing the skin;
- Onychomycosis. Diseases of the nails can cause thickening, or vice versa, the dilution.
The initial form of
The first common symptoms of athlete's foot:
- slight exfoliation;
- reddening of the skin;
- rarely is a sense of itching or burning sensation;
- the infection may not be obvious just for years and intensified during the easing of immunity.
Signs of this disease:
- observed mukovidnoe peeling;
- lesions on the skin starts with the big toe;
- in the interdigital space of the formed cracks and small erosion.
- goods itching.
The flake form of
In the scaly form of a fungal stop has the following features:
- In the initial stage of the disease athlete's foot affects only one foot, and then goes to another;
- Observed actinic soles: formation of blisters, dry skin on the heels cracks;
- There is a bit of redness, which then begins to peel off. A characteristic feature of this design is the fact that these areas are not necessarily the same size;
- Itching, which shows itself not in all patients;
- Sometimes in the course of the scaly shape are not detected for any of the above symptoms. People are not aware of their disease, which contributes to its spread.
In some cases, this can spill over in dyshydrotic, and vice versa.
Is characterized by such features:
- On the skin in the area of the arch of the foot there are numerous bullae ranging in size from 3 x 9 mm;
- Over time, they coalesce and form large bubbles, which bursting, exposes ulcer epithelium;
- The infection may spread on the skin, on the outer and the inner side surface of the foot, which led to there rash and sores;
- The affected area painful and itchy;
- After healing of the ulcer, the skin on it starts to peel off, and disgidroticheskaya form, flows in the form of flakes;
- In some cases, a fungal infection is complicated by bacterial infection. Then clear fluid in the blisters becomes cloudy and it starts festering. This is accompanied by pain and fever. Due to the acute infectious process of the foot swells and reddens;
- Disgidroticheskaya form is characterized by a chronic course. Periods of remission alternate with acute diseases;
- For this form is characterized by the loss of one leg.
The fungus in this form is as follows:
- The cracks in the skin, and around them the visible parts of the skin;
- This is the most common form of flow trihofitii and athletes;
- Intertriginous form can develop on its own or join scaly;
- The external symptoms appear in the epithelium between the ring finger and little finger, at least among the middle and ring. These include sputum, itching and burning;
- Over time, cracks in the skin can change in erosion, that causes the pain;
- This form is a chronic prolonged course. In the winter, the symptoms go away, and with the onset of summer to have deteriorated.
Symptoms of onychomycosis
This term means fungal infection of the nail plate of the toes. It starts with its free edge, gradually moving in the base.
There are 3 types of fungal infections of the nail plate:
- Of hypertrophic scars. Characterized by the thickening of the nail. It turns yellow and becomes brittle, crumbles. In the epithelium under the nail also thickens and flakes;
- Atrophic. The plate becomes thin and collapses. Under the nail you can see the rough skin;
- Onychomycosis, caused by the fungus, develops on the basis of other diseases of the nail. Shows change their the color of the plate can be brown, black or yellow-green color.
Symptoms of candidiasis stop
Interdigital fungal infection looks like this:
- the skin is red, swelling;
- the infection affects the area between the middle finger and the ring, at least – in the region of the little finger;
- blisters or pustules, are formed around the rim of a scrub for dry skin.
Traditional treatment of foot fungus
On the first suspicion for foot fungus need to take their medicine. Although this disease poses no danger to the health, weakens the immune system, becomes a source of uncomfortable, painful sensations and discomfort. In addition, fungal infection is highly contagious, so to prevent its spreading among all family members, which is required for rapid initiation of treatment.
Bath with Apple cider vinegar
Healthy skin is slightly acidic, which is detrimental to pathogenic micro-organisms and fungi. In the event of a breach of this equilibrium on the surface of the epithelium begin to develop the infectious process, because it loses protection and becomes vulnerable.
Baths with Apple cider vinegar or essence are designed to normalize ph and to combat against fungal infection.
- Procedure is done before bedtime. Feet carefully washed in warm water and patting dry with a paper towel;
- In a bowl, pour 3 litres of warm water, add 800 ml of 5% Apple cider vinegar and mix thoroughly, the resulting solution;
- Feet is lowered into the container and keep for 5-10 minutes;
- This procedure is repeated every evening for seven days.
Baths with baking soda and salt
For home treatment, a fungal infection and stop bath with the addition of baking soda, and salt. This is a disinfecting effect, and ingredients for cooking in each kitchen.
- In four liters of warm water, dissolve 1 tablespoon of salt and baking soda. Dip your feet in a container with liquid and hold for 20 minutes;
- Take a bath on the day of the 6 days.
This substance has antibacterial properties and is effective against fungi. Before use, it is recommended that you perform a test for Allergy, because some people have intolerance to iodine. You will need to use a little of the substance on the elbow, and wait 1-2 days. If adverse reactions are not revealed, iodine can be used safely.
The regimen is step by step:
- A concentrated tincture of iodine pre-medical alcohol diluted in a ratio of 1:1;
- After a warm foot bath for foot, gently patting dry with a paper towel. The tincture is used in a thin layer on the affected area with a cotton swab;
- The procedure is best done before bedtime. The duration of therapy is seven days.
Medium with egg and vinegar
A simple and effective recipe that helps to eliminate fungus on the feet. For preparing the mixture, you will need the following products:
- vinegar – 1 tbsp. spoon;
- vodka – 1 tbsp. spoon;
- eggs – 2 Pcs.;
- vegetable oil – 1 teaspoon.
The particular whites. Pour into a bowl with the remaining ingredients and stir until smooth. Close the lid of the container and place in the refrigerator for a few hours.
That would get rid of the fungus, cotton swab or gauze moisten in the mass, which arise and relate to the affected area for 10-20 minutes. In the first days after application you may experience slight redness on the skin at the site of the use of tools. This is a normal reaction, stop treatment is necessary.
Treatment with kerosene
It is used for the treatment of skin and between fingers and nail mycosis. To prepare this folk remedy is better in well-ventilated areas or outdoors.
For its preparation you will need:
- kerosene – 100 ml;
- the ashes of celandine — 50 grams
The ingredients are carefully mix and insist in a dark place for 10 days. At the end of this period the mixture warm for half an hour in a water bath and then filtered through 4 layers of gauze.
Prepared medium is poured into a container of dark glass stored at room temperature. The obtained liquid lubricate the affected area 2 times a day for three weeks.
Another cheap and effective method for the treatment of foot fungus.
To be dealt with:
- a few cloves of garlic to crush in the frog and squeeze the received weight through several layers of gauze or bandage;
- the resulting juice is applied on the affected area twice daily with a cotton cloth.
Dust these little brown pellets has antiseptic properties and is often used in recipes trays from the foot fungus.
- In a bowl, pour 3 litres of warm water, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and a little potassium permanganate. Water should buy the slight pink color;
- Dip your feet in water for 15 minutes.
Treatment is done before bedtime, for 7 days.
Bath with hydrogen peroxide
This antiseptic is used in the composition of the baths, which help to cure foot fungus.
- In a bowl or in a container, pour warm water and add hydrogen peroxide 3% in the proportion of 100 ml in 2 liters of water;
- Into your painful legs and hold from 15 to 25 minutes;
- After this time the foot is wiped with a sterile cloth and softens the Horny layer of the skin removed with a pumice stone or nail file;
- After the procedure, the affected area is the use of medications recommended by your doctor.
Baths up to 1 hour per day until complete recovery.
A simple and affordable way. Citric acid inhibits the growth of fungal infections and has antiseptic properties.
How to use:
- Slice the lemon in thin slices;
- Put the top on the affected fungus nail plate;
- Gently wrap the finger with foil.